.

Radisson Hotel Fire Causes $30K in Damage

Two employees were treated for smoke inhalation but returned to work the same day.

It’s been an eventful year at the Radisson Hotel to say the least over the past year. However, things got potentially dangerous on Tuesday.

At roughly 8 a.m. Tuesday, the Menomonee Falls Fire Department responded to the hotel for a fire that started in an industrial dryer in the rear of the building. The towels that were in the dryer ignited, and smoke was visible from the building when first responders arrived.

Roughly 12 guests and 25 employees were evacuated from the building, and the fire was quickly extinguished within 15 minutes. Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey said firefighters spent roughly one hour ventilating smoke from the building, which had reached the fifth floor.

Fortunately, most of the guests had left earlier in the morning for meetings or other engagements. Two employees were treated for smoke inhalation, but both returned to work the same day.

Hevey said early estimates for total damage are coming in at $30,000, but he said that total could increase. Both the alarm and sprinkler systems worked and helped contain the fire.

Craig September 26, 2012 at 06:48 PM
Let's hope the Village has been paying the insurance premiums for this joint.
Nuitari (Grand Master Editor) September 26, 2012 at 08:45 PM
Looks like someone tried to get back their investment the easy way.
WEACHATER September 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM
"Roughly 12 guests and 25 employees were evacuated from the building" At 8:00AM, WOW was this a busy night or what?
Pam September 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Apparently Weachater you didn't read the article "Fortunately, most of the guests had left earlier in the morning for meetings or other engagements. " I am so tired of coming on here and reading all the bashing of the Radisson. Are people aware of the fact they have a 5 year Government contract to have soldiers stay before they are deployed? Yes, many things were not handled the way they should have been. But we now have a business here that is trying to thrive and is doing a fine job of it. Have YOU gone in there to enjoy it's fine food or gone to one of it's well put together weddings? Because I and many of my friends have and it's all been outstanding. Go past there many nights of the week and the place is packed. For the people who are so worried about getting their investment back do you really think all your negativity is helping? The hard working employees who are trying to do their best to make this all work and YES make a profit do not deserve that. Just like they didn't deserve this happening today.
WEACHATER September 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Nuitari, maybe Pam can get a good crying session and help you piss it out.
Craig September 27, 2012 at 02:33 AM
The fire was in the laundry area.... so it is the SOILINDRA HOTEL. :-P
Craig September 27, 2012 at 02:38 AM
What good is a five year Government contract when the "Messiah" has promised to end all the wars? If we get another four years of the same- the Government's check will bounce. Would YOU schedule your wedding reception here?
Pam September 27, 2012 at 01:49 PM
Yes, in fact I do plan on having my wedding there. This venue is to suppose to be for respectable and intelligent responses. That by the way is not aimed at you Craig.
Michael Casey September 27, 2012 at 02:31 PM
Thank you, Pam. I've eaten there, and had visiting relatives stay at the hotel. I found the staff and the service to be first rate. (All the more impressive given the financial gloom the employees have to read and hear about all the time.) In fact, my relatives visit once or twice a year and usually stay at one of the hotels over in the Park Place area, were so pleased they plan on using the Radisson in the future. There are two issues here - the village and it's handling of the development, and the future of the hotel itself. Those who wish it to fail out of spite show no more foresight than the village officials who signed off on the deal in the first place. The fact is, the hotel is there and it would be better for the village for it to succeed than fail. You may not like the current Falls government, but I can promise you the future success of the Village of Menomonee Falls will not be ushered in on the backs of those who have nothing to contribute but some half witted and disrespectful comments in a small newspaper website.
lu September 27, 2012 at 05:59 PM
I stay at hotels often, trust me by 8:00 A.M. anyone that is not retired is out by 7:00 to 8:00 A.M. That's if you have a real job.
Craig September 27, 2012 at 06:36 PM
Pam: Congrats! I hope you have a wonderful day. It would not hurt to have a 'plan b'; just in case. For those of us who are MF taxpayers, I hope there are many more people out there like you who are planning events at said hotel. btw: I hope no one is aiming the firehose at me.
Barb V September 27, 2012 at 09:16 PM
Well said Pam & Michael.
Vicki September 27, 2012 at 09:55 PM
Pam, right on. Let's support this local business. They do a great job at RBG.
Pam September 27, 2012 at 09:57 PM
Thank you for your wonderful comment Michael. It was well written and I am sure apprecated by all who all who support this fine hotel.
W . Benz September 30, 2012 at 01:19 PM
Your getting married again ? Will you have red nail polish on for your wedding. Rumor has it you meet @ a local bar where you go on Main St . Good Luck !!!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something