It’s been an eventful year at the Radisson Hotel to say the least over the past year. However, things got potentially dangerous on Tuesday.
At roughly 8 a.m. Tuesday, the Menomonee Falls Fire Department responded to the hotel for a fire that started in an industrial dryer in the rear of the building. The towels that were in the dryer ignited, and smoke was visible from the building when first responders arrived.
Roughly 12 guests and 25 employees were evacuated from the building, and the fire was quickly extinguished within 15 minutes. Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey said firefighters spent roughly one hour ventilating smoke from the building, which had reached the fifth floor.
Fortunately, most of the guests had left earlier in the morning for meetings or other engagements. Two employees were treated for smoke inhalation, but both returned to work the same day.
Hevey said early estimates for total damage are coming in at $30,000, but he said that total could increase. Both the alarm and sprinkler systems worked and helped contain the fire.