On Sunday, a man at threw a beer glass at a 30-year-old man after he asked for a beer. The glass struck the man in the head and he suffered a large laceration and concussion. The man who threw the glass admitted to being in the bar during a police follow-up interview, but he denied throwing the glass.
Also in the reports:
- Two stop signs in the village received a few alterations from vandals in area. A suspect spray-painted “HATIN” Monday on the stop sign at Hillcrest Drive and Sheridan Drive. A second stop sign at Cleveland Avenue and Hayes Avenue was vandalized with the words “Hammer Time” spray-painted on it.
- A 33-year-old woman reported her husband for domestic violence on the W12000 block of Mill Road Monday. The woman said she and her husband got into a dispute about finances, and he punched her in the arms and torso. She also suffered an injury after her husband threw a cell phone at her. The fight occurred in front of their three young children.
- Between 11 a.m. and 11:55 a.m. Saturday a suspect entered a man’s locked 2002 GMC Yukon and stole a money clip and cell phone. The suspect entered by smashing the passenger's side window, but passed on stealing a GPS unit.
- Between 4 p.m. Friday and 4:16 p.m. Sunday, a suspect stole a rear license plate from a vehicle parked in a condominium parking lot on Northpoint Drive.
- On Friday, a male suspect stole three iPads from the security cases at Best Buy. The suspect fled in a four-door, dark green Grand Prix on Highway 41/45.
- At 10:06 p.m. Thursday, an unknown suspect entered fenced in property along the N9000 block of Lilly Road and stole copper wire from a trash receptacle owned by We Energies.