At roughly 2 p.m. Tuesday, an 82-year-old woman had her purse stolen while shopping at Pick’n Save on County Line Road. A middle-aged man approached the woman and asked about food. When the woman was distracted, he stole her wallet that was in her purse. The woman had about $300 in cash and a Visa card in the wallet.
Also in the reports:
- At noon Dec. 14, a male suspect stole two bottles of Belvedere vodka totaling $58 from Pick’n Save on Appleton Avenue. The suspects fled in a vehicle that didn’t match the description on the plates. A field tech recovered prints from a different bottle the suspect touched.
- At roughly 12:50 a.m. Sunday, police pulled over a drunken driver near Main Street and Good Hope Road. The man admitted to consuming beer, and had a blood-alcohol level of 0.24. The man made threats toward police in the back of the squad, but became cooperative at the station. His son picked him up later in the night.
- Two teenagers were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, marijuana, and drunken driving. The teens were stopped for speeding along Appleton Avenue in the 30 mph zone. The driver had a BAC of 0.13.
- At 6:18 p.m. Sunday, a man made threats to police from a home on the W17000 block of Ann Avenue. He was threatening to harm police and others, and his wife called because she also felt he was a danger. The man fled the residence before officers arrived, but he was taken into custody when he returned.
- Sometime between Dec. 5 and Dec. 12, a person broke into a Falls resident’s shed along Wigwam Drive and stole a leaf blower and weed trimmer. The incident is related to other thefts in the area.