The vandal, or group of vandals, that are using BBs and a wrist rocket to damage windows throughout the village may have struck again.
Between 5 p.m. Feb. 11 and 11 a.m. Feb. 14, an unknown suspect caused $1,500 in damage to a window on a property on the W16000 block of Appleton Avenue.
Police are investigating eight other reports of the same type of incident. In all the cases, it a appears a suspect or group of suspects damaged windows with a ¼-inch ball bearing and a wrist rocket or sling shot. Police are continuing their investigation and cannot reveal if suspects have been identified.
Click here for more information on the that appeared last week on Menomonee Falls Patch.
Also in the police reports:
- A 20-year-old female employee of , N56W14108 Silver Spring Dr., was arrested for theft of lottery tickets. The business owner on Feb. 17 contacted police to report a theft. The woman admitted to the recent theft, as well as several others in the past. Between April of 2010 and Feb. 2011, the woman stole $295 in lottery tickets from the business.
- A 43-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for shoplifting and bail jumping after attempting to steal a cartload of groceries a 5:25 p.m. Feb. 19 from the Super Pick n’ Save, N77W14435 Appleton Ave.
- On Feb. 19 at 11:37 p.m., police issued warnings for smoking indoors to a bartender, three customers and the bar owner at , N220N6410 Town Line Rd. The patrons were smoking within an enclosed vestibule inside the establishment, but officers advised patrons that smoking was not permitted in that enclosed area.
- At approximately 9 p.m. Feb. 19, unknown suspects stole $719.95 in merchandise from , N95W17707 Shady Ln. Target Loss Prevention advised police of similar incidents that occurred at Target stores in Waukesha and Franklin.
- A 21-year-old Sussex man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:12 a.m. Feb. 13 at Pilgrim Road and County Line Road. Police found a prescription pill bottle with marijuana residue inside it. The man said the bottle was given to him by a friend, and later confirmed in a written statement that the bottle contained marijuana earlier that day.
- At 5:51 p.m. Feb. 17, employees at , N95W17061 Richfield Way, told police a woman concealed four wall hangings in her purse. The woman fled in a red vehicle driven by a man. Employees believe the couple had made purchase at the store recently. Employees said they will attempt to get a copy of the surveillance video, and get a price and description of the items stolen.
- A 20-year-old Germantown woman was arrested and cited for obstructing police after using her sister’s name during a traffic stop at 10:20 p.m. Feb. 9 on the 12400 block of Fond Du Lac Avenue.