The Value of Medication
Medications can be incredibly important for certain individuals, and when someone stops taking them strange things can begin to happen. One Falls family were witness to that Saturday.
A 49-year-old woman called police Saturday and reported that her husband was acting quite strange ever since he stopped taking his prescribed psychological medications. She soon became fearful for the safety of her children at there home along Melanie Lane in Menomonee Falls.
The woman told police that the night before, her husband killed the family pet and stuffed its cage into the garbage without any explanation. He smashed his daughter’s laptop computer.
His strange behavior continued when he took all of his daughter’s clothes and belongings from her room and packed them into the trunk of his car. He then returned and began repainting the room, which had recently been painted.
When police contacted the man, he admitted that he hadn’t taken is medications for over a month. However, he wasn’t aware that his actions were wrong. He was detained for mental health reasons. As officers deemed he was indeed a potential threat to his family or himself.
Assisted Living Thief
An employee who worked at Riverview Assisted Living for just two months caused bilked 16 residents out of money placed in folders for a trust fund.
Between April 5 and May 17 Riverview employees claim Leshia Donaldson, 39, stole $1,082 in cash from 16 trust fund folders for residents. Donaldson also cashed a company check meant for the petty cash box at the company.
The money never made it to the cash box.
Donaldson is also still in possession of a company cell phone, and numerous calls to her have gone unanswered. Menomonee Falls police are continuing their investigation.
Menomonee Falls Patch is also on Facebook."Like" us and join the ongoing conversation there now!
Also in the reports:
- Between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. May 12, a suspect smashed the window of a woman’s vehicle parked on the W13000 block of Silver Spring Drive and stole a backpack containing a laptop, memory drives, digital camera, passport and social security cards.
- At 6:44 p.m. Friday, a person stole $40 worth of gasoline from Mobil, N85W16198 Appleton Ave., and left without paying.
- Sometime between 10:34 a.m. May 17 and at 7:15 a.m. May 18 someone damaged the sink and mirrors in the bathroom at Village Park. The bathroom was locked and there were no signs of forced entry leading a police to believe the vandal had a key.
- A 51-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for drunken driving near Highway 41/45 and Highway 145. He had a blood-alcohol content of .228 according to a PBT.
- A 40-year-old woman’s purse was stolen Thursday during a rummage sale at her home on the W15000 block of Vista Lane.