It seems to come in streaks in Menomonee Falls, and it appears the village is in such a streak right now.
It’s damage to windows, and there’s been a rash of broken windows at businesses in Falls lately.
Most recently, the front window at on Appleton Avenue was damaged between Thursday and Friday. An unknown object damaged the window. , employees at and – ironically – , found broken windows at their businesses. It appeared a ball bearing had been used for the crime at Wingspan.
Could this be a return of the ? It’s unclear who the suspects are, but check Patch Thursday to see if another window has been broken in the village.
If you have any tips on crimes in the village, call the at 532-8700.
Also in the reports:
- At 12:08 p.m. Monday, an officer discovered graffiti on the westbound stop sign at the intersection of Valley View Drive and Old Orchard Court. The suspect had spray painted “inbred” onto the sign.
- At 11:59 p.m. Sunday, officers discovered a drunken driver inside a vehicle in the left turn lane of Lannon Road just south of County Line Road. The car was running and the driver – a 57-year-old Sussex man – had slurred speech and smelled of alcohol. The man had a blood-alcohol level of 0.24.
- A 56-year-old Allenton man helped Falls police catch a drunken driver at 11:57 p.m. Friday. The driver was involved in a crash on Highway 41/45 and the Allenton man was following him. Police stopped the driver – a 21-year-old Milwaukee man – and he was arrested for a first offense OWI. He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.20.
- Between 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday, an unknown person stole a cell phone out of a man’s golf bag at the . Fortunately, the man had a tracking program on his phone and it was at an address in Mukwanago.
- A 48-year-old woman was arrested Friday after police conducted a welfare check at her home along Cherokee Drive. She had absolute sobriety clauses associated with two Washington County Circuit Court cases. She was intoxicated and arrested for bail jumping.