Over the past week, several shoplifters have visited businesses in Menomonee Falls. However, one criminal showed some guts while stealing electronics.
At 2:30 p.m. Sept 18, a woman made two trips to , N95W17707 Shady Ln., and stole a variety of electronics on each trip. The combined value of the stolen items was estimated at $743.53.
In a small twist to the story, the woman completed the crime while two squads were on the scene speaking to an employee about another unrelated theft had occurred at the store.
The woman left alone in a black SUV. There is no further information on the suspect or a vehicle description. Surveillance video and a still photo have been placed into evidence.
It's not Nov. 1 yet...
A firefighter was arrested at 2:16 a.m. Sept. 18 after he carried a pistol into Fire Station #1, N88W16631 Appleton Ave.
The firefighter admitted to bringing the Smith and Wesson M&P .45 into the station, and he later received a municipal citation for carrying a firearm into a public building.
Also in the reports:
- At 5:26 p.m. Sept. 19, a 67-year-old woman reported that her wallet was stolen while she was shopping at Woodman’s, W124N8145 Hwy 145. Her credit card company notified her that fraudulent charges were made on the card.
- At 7:17 p.m. Sept 21, a domesticated rabbit was found on the N9000 block of Hale Avenue. The rabbit was turned over to the Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha County.
- At 11:24 p.m. Sept. 20, a 50-year-old woman passed away in her home surrounded by family on the W17000 block of Main Street. The woman was terminally ill, and had a “do not resuscitate” order due to her deteriorating condition. The Waukesha County Medical Examiner responded to the scene and she was later pronounced dead at 1:37 a.m. the following day.
- An unknown suspect stole a chainsaw from at 12:34 p.m. on Sept. 19. The subject left the scene in a white, mid-90s, two-door Chevrolet Camero. The vehicle had damage to the right front corner. The subject is believed to have been involved in a similar retail theft incident at a Wauwatosa Home Depot store.
- Sometime between 2 p.m. Sept. 17 and 8 a.m. Sept. 19, unknown suspects stole $3,125 worth of vehicle parts and scrap metal from the storage yard of , N59W14418 Bobolink Ave.
- At 4:42 p.m. Sept. 17, an employee of , W156N9251 Tipp St., saw two unknown men under a company vehicle parked a the rear of the business. The suspects fled in a green Ford Taurus, and had stolen a catalytic converter from the vehicle.
- A female suspect stole two tool combo kits from , N94W18375 Thunder Ridge Rd., at 5:49 p.m. Sept. 19. The suspect fled in a 1995 Ford Explorer, which was gold in color.