When you’re a tad drunk and underage, one of the last things you want to consider is walking up to a police officer and have a brief conversation. Well, one Mequon teen did just that while visiting Menomonee Falls and paid the price.
On Saturday at roughly 4:15 a.m., the 19-year-old man walked up to an officer on parking patrol to inquire if his vehicle parked on Ash Drive had been cited. The officer could easily tell that he was slurring his speech and stumbling.
The officer gave the teen a preliminary breath test that indicated his blood-alcohol content was 0.14. The boy admitted to drinking in his parked vehicle. However, the officer also gave him a pat down after noticing the teen continued to put his hands in his pockets.
The officer found 22 Tramadol pills – a painkiller – in his possession. The teen said he had stolen the pills from the house on Ash Drive he was hanging out with a friend beforehand. The pills turned out to be painkillers prescribed to the family dog at that house.
The teen was arrested for possession of prescription drugs and underage drinking.
Also in the reports:
- A 38-year-old man was arrested Tuesday for bail jumping after failing sobriety tests. The man has two open OWI cases with the Washington County Circuit Court in which he is not allowed to consume alcohol or operate a vehicle.
- At 2:06 a.m. Monday, a 40-year-old man was arrested after a breath test revealed he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.34, which violated his probation.
- A 26-year-old man was issued a citation Sunday for speeding and permitting underage consumption of alcohol. His 19-year-old passenger had a blood-alcohol level of 0.13. The teen claimed he had consumed beer at Krueger’s prior to the stop. The business owner was certain he hadn’t served him alcohol directly.
- A 31-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving after police stopped him for speeding near Silver Spring Drive and Butternut Drive. The man had a blood-alcohol level of 0.17. He was issued a citation first-offense OWI.
- Sometime between 11:30 p.m. Monday and 8:04 a.m. Tuesday a resident living on the N9500 block of Cheyenne Drive told police someone entered a service door on his detached garage and stole a variety of items from it. A field technician took photographs and fingerprints from the scene.
- On Monday, a 37-year-old woman’s Harley jacket and purse from the coatroom near the entrance of Odyssey Restaurant, N82W15380 Appleton Ave. An employee spotted the thief who was described as a woman in her 40s wearing a dark jacket and leather chaps. Another woman with a stocky build accompanied her. The pair left on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
- At 6:23 p.m. Monday woman stole $28.75 worth of gasoline from Speedway, N87W17245 Main St. On Sunday, two drivers hit the gas station simultaneously and stole roughly $100 combined worth of gasoline.