Firefighters Extinguish Blaze in Greenbrier Village

The Menomonee Falls Fire Department quickly extinguished a house fire that started inside an apartment unit of a four-family building.

It was seemingly over before it started, which is a good thing when it comes to house fires.

On Monday, Menomonee Falls firefighters extinguished a blaze that started in the kitchen of a four-family building in Greenbrier Village at N85W14134 Fond Du Lac Ave. The apartment that started on fire was located at the end of the building and across the street from .

It's unclear what specifically caused the fire in the kitchen, but the received the call at roughly 6:45 p.m. When first responders arrived minutes later, smoke was visible from the exterior of the apartment unit.

Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Fast signup here.

Firefighters acted quickly, and the blaze was extinguished roughly 15 minutes later.

The two adults and three children living inside the unit escaped without harm.

jerry mislang August 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Came back from Dretzka Golf Couse, saw the road was blocked off and wondered what was going on. Logged on, read the Patch and there is was.. Atta boy Carl!
Mike Knight August 14, 2012 at 04:50 PM
Probably some smoker who fell asleep with a cig in their mouth with a bottle of booze in one hand, and the television remote in the other. High class folks live down at the fine Greenbrier Village.
Carl Engelking August 14, 2012 at 05:26 PM
Thanks Jerry just doing my best to keep everyone in the know.
Kristine August 15, 2012 at 02:17 PM
That's real nice Mike - it was 6:45 p.m., doubt any one was passed out. AND it started in the kitchen, really dude!!
Craig August 15, 2012 at 02:36 PM
It recently became law that cigs have to self extinguish, they actually put fire retardent in them now to comply with law. Kristing points out that it was 6:45 p.m.- there must be some rule that you can't get crocked before 8 in this fine establishment? The biggest hint is the fire started in the kitchen- from cooking something perhaps? If they were cooking meth, would we know?


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »