Are you concerned that your aging parent or loved one is no longer safe living alone in their home? Could they benefit from a more supportive and caring environment?Unfortunately fear and anxiety can hold us back from taking the steps we know would be beneficial for those we love. For many, effectively communicating your concerns to a loved one can be quite challenging.
Please join us for a FREE program presented by Adele Lund, Director of Community Relations for the Laureate Group. For 28 years Adele has listened to and learned from families in various stages of transition. She has worked with older adults as they consider the next step in life, and has guided children of seniors who are trying to navigate the maze of long term care with their loved ones.
Adele will explore:
• How to have a loving conversation about the need for change
• How to achieve a positive outcome by reframing what you want to convey
• How to make this a collaborative process
• When it’s time to talk and when it’s time to listen
• How to recognize the difference between a person who is being difficult and one who is fearful of change
• How to create an honoring environment and not an adversarial one
If you are feeling overwhelmed or unsure where to begin the process, allow us to help. You want what’s best for your loved one. You can have an honest yet honoring conversation.
RSVP to 262-253-0909 if interested in attending.