Once again, Powerball has caused us all to dream about the opportunity of unfathomable wealth - no matter how small our chances may be.
The Powerball estimated jackpot now sits at $500 million, according to the Powerball website, the largest in its history.
The previous top windfall was $365 million, and was claimed by eight co-workers in Lincoln, NE, in 2006.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34. The lottery claimed more than 2 million winners on the Nov. 24 drawing, but no jackpot winners among the 42 states which participate.
The jackpot could end up being higher in the days leading up to the draw, as many will use the opportunity to make the holidays a bit happier in the closing hours.
If you'd like to improve your luck, here are the locations in Falls that have sold winning tickets for any lottery game over the past few months according to the Wisconsin Lottery:
- Woodmans' Food Market: $5,200 won playing Pick 4 in October
- M & R Petroleum: $2,500 won playing Pick 4 in September
- Pick'n Save: $1,002 won playing Supercash! in September
- Paul's Mobil: $1,000 won playing Red Hot Raffle in September
- Scotty's Beer & Liquor: $900 won playing Double Mega Tripler in August
While millions of Americans can have fun dreaming about how they'd spend the jackpot, the odds of winning are 1 in 175,000,000, according to lottery officials.
Click here to learn more about prizes and odds.