What Grade Does the Village Board Deserve?
Given the work that the Village Board has accomplished over the past year, what grade would you give them today?
Two times a month the Village Board meets to decide upon policy, finances, and development in the village. Of course, they work with the reccomendations of numerous committees that work below them. However, ultimately the Village Board and the Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald have the final say.
Given where Menomonee Falls is right now, what grade would you give the board and the village manager as a taxpayer and resident of the village?
Before you give your final grade, take a peak at some of the things the Village Board has moved forward over the past year:
- The Radisson Hotel opened last year, and the Village Board filed a foreclosure suit just a year later. The village approved a $17.65 million to fund the development. Find all the Radisson Hotel news in one place on Patch.
- The walls at the Walmart Neighborhood Market are going up, and the shopping center on the corner of Pilgrim Road and Main Street is getting a complete overhaul.
- With a little help from taxing districts, Wacker Neuson is expanding and Eaton Corporation constructed a new headquarters in Menomonee Falls.
- A new assisted living facility and medical facility have been built on Town Line Road.
- The Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Menomonee Falls Police Department have been combined into a single Protective Services Department.
- The village laid off eight public works employees.
- The village's bond rating has remained strong.
- Work is beginning at the former Stolper Steel site, which is another taxing district created by the Village Board. Ryan Companies is planning to build a 90,000 square-foot development there.
- Village leaders created a taxing district in the Woodland Prime office park to lure investment and perhaps a new Kohl's. They recently pruchased 33 acres in the office park at a discount rate.
- Village Board approved a budget for 2012 that cut spending by 0.57 percent, with a slight increase in the tax rate.
So, what grade do you give the Village Board? Why?